Health Insurance Pools
Join the health insurance pool offering statewide and local control!
Since 1985, Lakes Country Service Cooperative has provided reliable self-insured health insurance products for our school, city, county and other government agency members and their families. By partnering with other nationally recognized companies under the Minnesota Healthcare Consortium umberella, LCSC's health insurance pool spreads risk and reduces cost. Joining this health insurance pool puts the power in your hands. You will be the decision maker, able to see any doctor, clinic, or hospital for your care. This freedom gives you greater satisfaction in your healthcare, leading to improvements in you and your member's wellbeing.
Our program offers groups rates with flexibility and choice of plan design, a comprehensive provider network, and low administration and stop-loss fees.
Consumer Driven Initiatives
We have taken the initiative in developing and delivering consumer-driven health products such as Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Association (VEBA) accounts and Health Savings Accounts (HSA). VEBA accounts allow employers to contribute money to an employee account that can be saved or used for medical expenses. HSA’s allow contributions from employers and employees and are available to those with a qualified high-deductible health plan.
- Self-Insured/Minimum Premium
- High quality healthcare coverage at a lower group rate
- Stabilized rates achieved by pooling the “good” and “poor” claims experience of members
- A more predictable claims base is used to reduce risk charges
- Built-in cost containment methods including a negotiated payments arrangement and sophisticated data resources that track health costs
Additional Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance