Health Insurance Pools
Since 1985, LCSC has provided reliable self-insured health insurance products for our school, city, county and other governmental agency members and their families.
Our program offers group rates with flexibility and choice of plan design, a comprehensive provider network, and low administration and stop-loss fees.
- Self-Insured/Minimum Premium
- High quality healthcare coverage at a lower group rate
- Stabilized rates achieved by pooling the “good” and “poor” claims experience of members
- A more predictable claims base is used to reduce risk charges
- Built-in cost containment methods including a negotiated payments arrangement and sophisticated data resources that track health costs
Consumer Driven Initiatives
We have taken the initiative in developing and delivering consumer-driven health products such as Voluntary Employee Beneficiary Association (VEBA) accounts and Health Savings Accounts (HSA). VEBA accounts allow employers to contribute money to an employee account that can be saved or used for medical expenses. HSA’s allow contributions from employers and employees and are available to those with a qualified high-deductible health plan.
Additional Insurance Plans
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance