MINNESOTA TAX AND AID ANTICIPATION PROGRAM (MNTAAB)
Because of the funding streams provided by the Minnesota property tax system and the state aids program, many school districts find it necessary to borrow for cash flow purposes. By combining many districts into one pooled borrowing, Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors (formerly Springsted Incorporated) take advantage of the large issue size to attract investors and to receive the lowest interest rate available. We have structured our fee schedule to make the pool a cost-effective solution for every school district in Minnesota — large or small.
The Minnesota Tax and Aid Anticipation Borrowing Program (MNTAAB) is available to any district that expects to have a cash flow deficit in an operating fund or the capital expenditure fund. MSBA has teamed up with the Greater Minnesota Service Cooperatives in providing you this program which uses the expertise of:
- Baker Tilly
- Piper Jaffray & Co.
- Dorsey & Whitney
- U.S. Bank
- Knutson, Flynn & Deans, P.A.
- Minnesota School District Liquid Asset Fund Plus (MSDLAF+)
The Minnesota Tax and Aid Anticipation Borrowing Program (MNTAAB) is an MSBA-endorsed program.
MNTAAB BORROWING POOL APPLICATION AND INFORMATION
- MSBA: Joel Stencel | firstname.lastname@example.org | 800-324-4459
- Baker Tilly: Kelly Smith | email@example.com | 651-223-3099
- Baker Tilly: Jeff Solomon | firstname.lastname@example.org | 651-223-3083