Welcome to the opportunity to showcase the academic talents of your students. Hopefully this year a student from your district will win the all expense paid trip to the National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C.
The Region Spelling Bee will be held on Tuesday, February 5, 2019, at Lakes Country Service Cooperative in Fergus Falls. Five students from the Region Spelling Bee advanced to the Multi-Region State Spelling Bee which was held Tuesday, February 19, 2019, also at Lakes Country Service Cooperative in Fergus Falls.
The Spelling Bee is geared to students in grades five through eight. Each school district may once again send one student for every 1-1000 K-12 student population to the regional bee. The fee for each Region Spelling Bee participant is $110, payable to Lakes Country Service Cooperative. This fee is separate from the fee which is required by Scripps. If funding is an issue, we encourage you to seek funding from your local PTO or other group that supports your academic endeavors.
Your word list and official study booklet as well as other helpful materials may be accessed through the Scripps website: www.spellingbee.com.Timeline:
- Register with Scripps by September 30, 2018 to receive TWO free one-year subscriptions to Britannica Online for Kids from Encyclopaedia Britannica to award to two students.
- Register with LCSC with payment of $110 by November 16, 2018
- Final registration with Scripps is December 16, 2018
- Local bee completion by January 25, 2019
- Notify LCSC of local winner by January 25, 2019
- Region Spelling Bee in Fergus Falls Tuesday, February 6, 2019
- Multi-Region State Bee in Fergus Falls on Tuesday, February 20, 2019