Social Media for Government and Nonprofits
This workshop will teach participants how to use social media to brand and market their
organizations as well as communicate and engage with customers.
• An overview of social media platforms and how they are used.
• A quick look at these platforms and a question and answer about each.
• A little history and trends in social media.
• Facebook Live examples.
• Social media Do’s and Don’ts. Some ethical aspects of social media.
Specifics on Government and Non-Profit Social Media
• Some examples of city government departments and nonprofits use of social
• Guest speakers from a government entity, as well as a nonprofit, will share what
they are doing with social media.
Q&A period at the end of the program to address the specific needs of each
individual nonprofit or government entity.